K9 Nose Work classes are taught by independent instructors who have been certified (CNWI) or are in the process of certification (ANWI) with the National Association of Canine Scent Work™.
When you choose a class with a CNWI or ANWI, you’ll be taught the foundational skills of the activity and sport in a manner consistent with the philosophy of the founders of K9 Nose Work.
Some of the things you will learn in K9 Nose Work classes are:
- How to bring out your dog's hunting drive
- Using boxes to introduce dogs to scent detection
- The power of primary reward
- Observing your dog's signs when searching
- Searching Interior, exterior, vehicle, and container elements
- Pairing a target odor(s)
- Handling skills
- How scent moves
- Proper reward delivery when searching for target odor
- Advanced scent detection skills, handling skills, and competition prep
Learn more about K9 Nose Work here.
To find a Certified Nose Work InstructorTM and classes near you, please use the instructor search tool.