Webinar: The Art of Knowing When to Stop
$30.00 – $40.00
$40 for General Public
(this includes those who have registered for an instructor course but have not yet attended Segment 1)
$30 for CNWI, ANWI, PNWI
(NOTE: If you are an active instructor, please register through the instructor portal (see instructions below) rather than through this webform.)
INSTRUCTOR: Dana Zinn, CPDT-KA, CNWI
DATE: Tuesday December 15th, 2020
TIME: 3:00 – 4:30pm Pacific Time
One of the biggest challenges at the higher levels of nose work competition is knowing when to stop. People often ask themselves, “Is my dog really done searching?”, “Are we missing something?”, “Have we been everywhere?”, “Why did he just look at me? Did I miss something?”. So many questions run through our minds as we near the end of a search that cause us to delay saying finished.
Join Dana in this one-and-a-half-hour webinar to tackle some of these questions and help you become better observers to get to the answers. Some of the things we will discuss are:
* Recognizing when your dog is working a hide they have yet to find, or if it’s odor moving through the area in a new and interesting way
* What happens in searches that make us question whether the dog is done or not
* Varying ways dogs communicate with us after all hides have been found
* How search logistics play into our mindset
Through video and discussion, Dana will give you lots of information and, of course, a lot to think about.
Let saying “Finished” stop the clock, not your heart!
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR: Read more about Dana Zinn here: https://zinndogtraining.com/
CEUs: 3 for CNWI
This event will be available for purchase as a recorded event to the general public for 2 weeks from the live date. For CNWI, ANWI and PNWI, the recorded event will remain available in your course catalog.
NOTE: If you are an active instructor, please register through the instructor portal (see instructions below) rather than through this webform.
For those who register at least 48 hours before the live webinar: Links will go out the 1-2 days before the webinar. If you do not have the link on the morning of the webinar, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. You must register at least 48 hours prior to live time to join the live webinar. (If you registered within 48 hours of the event we will do our best to get you the live link before the start, but it may not always be possible.)
For those who register after the live webinar: All webinars purchased after the running of the live event will have links sent out weekly.
QUESTIONS? Questions about the webinar may be emailed to: email@example.com
REGISTRATION PROCESS FOR GENERAL PUBLIC:
Please fill out the ticket form and click the 'Buy Ticket Now' button. You can continue shopping or View Your Cart to check out and pay for the webinar(s). You may pay by credit card or via Paypal. A PayPal account is not required.
REGISTRATION PROCESS FOR PNWI, ANWI and CNWI ONLY:
1) To register for the webinar, please log on to the new Instructor/Education website: education.k9nosework.com/login
** NOTE: All PNWI/ANWI/CNWI already have accounts in the new Education website. If you do not know how to log in, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
2) Once you are logged on to the Education website, click on the "Course Catalog" tab within your Instructor Portal, and select this webinar from the list of available courses.
3) Once you are on the webinar page, click the "Register" button.
4) Within 24 hours, you will receive a PayPal invoice via email for the registration fee. You do not need a PayPal account; you may pay with a credit card instead. Please pay the invoice as soon as possible. You will not receive a webinar link if you have not paid.